- PhD, Recreation, Sport, and Tourism, University of Illinois- Champaign Urbana
- MS, Regional Geography and International Research, Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine
- B.A., Geography, International Research, Shevchenko University, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Evaluation in Recreation and Leisure Services
- Inclusive Recreation
- Travel & Tourism, Leisure in Society
- Introduction to Recreation and Leisure.
- The Academy of Leisure Sciences
- National Recreation and Parks Association
- North Carolina Recreation and Parks Association
- National Council on Family Relations
- Use of new technologies in recreation and tourism management (e.g., the new media/social network sites, gaming, cell phones, navigational devices)
- Technology-based leisure in contemporary families
- Leisure behavior among individuals and families of diverse backgrounds
Sharaievska, I., & Hodge, C.J. (2018). Technology-based leisure among nonresident fathers. International Journal of Sociology of Leisure.
Sharaievska, I., & Burk, B. (2018). Recreation in families with children with developmental disabilities: Caregivers’ use of online and offline support groups. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, 52(1), 42-57.
Sharaievska, I. (2017). Updating the family operating system: ICT and family leisure. Leisure Sciences, special issue – 20 years of Family Leisure Research Revisited: Progress Made and Challenges Ahead, 39(5), 400-414.
Burk, B., & Sharaievska, I. (2017). Health and recreation perceptions of adults with developmental disabilities. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, 51(3), 179-192.
Sharaievska, I., & Stodolska, M. (2017). Family satisfaction and social networking leisure. Leisure Studies, 36(2), 231-243.
Title: Assistant Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6327