- A.A.S., Criminal Justice, Mohawk Valley Community College
- B.S., Physical Education, UNC Greensboro
- B.A., History, UNC Greensboro
- M.Ed., Exercise Science, UNC Greensboro
- Ed.S., Educational Leadership, Appalachian State University
- Wilderness First Responder (NC Epi Administration)
- Professional Rescuer CPR/AED
- Coastal (flat water/sea) Kayaking Instructor
- River (whitewater) Kayaking Instructor
- Swift Water Rescue Instructor
- Canoe (touring/whitewater) Instructor
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Water Safety Instructor
- Physical Education Teaching License
- Flat Water Kayaking
- Whitewater Kayaking
- Swift Water Rescue
- Weight Training
- Mountain Biking
"In and out of class I love spending time in the wilderness."
What is your favorite thing about Boone?
"The high country is full of the most authentic, helpful, and caring folks you will ever meet."
What most excites you about your field?
"Helping people find activities they enjoy doing for exercise is really rewarding."
No action is too small when it comes to changing the world.
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- American Whitewater
- American Red Cross-CPR/First Aid
- Peck, E.L. (2010). Northeast Region: Racquet and Beaver Rivers. In L. Davis, & A. Davis, (Eds.), The River Gypsies Guide to North America: A Whitewater Travel Guide to 294 of the Continent’s Best Rivers. Asheville, NC: Brushy Mountain Publishing.
- Peck, E.L. (2005). Piedmont Lakes: A Practical Guide to Boating in the North Carolina Piedmont. Greensboro, NC: Get Outdoors.
Title: PEA Director/Senior Lecturer
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6330