- A.A.S., Nursing, Caldwell Community College
- B.S., Nursing, Lees McRae College
- M.S., Health Science, Trident University International
- Certificate, Integrative Health Coaching, Duke University
- I struggle with the Highland bagpipes
- Hiking with my dogs
- Flying airplanes
- Ski Patrol Appalachian Ski Mountain
- Writing satire
How did you discover Appalachian State University?
"I have lived in Boone since 1979."
What is your favorite thing about Boone?
"Welcoming and warm atmosphere with a variety of outdoor activities."
What most excites you about your field?
"Hopefully passing some of my enthusiasm and love of the outdoors and nature stewardship within the constructs of health maintenance for a lifetime."
What are some of the highlights of your career?
"Being able to give young people the tools they need for a healthy and exciting future."
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unwakened." -Anatole France
- Health Science
- Aviation Science
- Quantum Mechanics
- Sustainable Building
- Red Cross LIfeguarding
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Integrative Health Coach Duke University
- Certified Flight Instructor and Airline Transport Pilot License
- Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor
- Water Safety Instructor
- First Aid and CPR Instructor
- Wilderness EMT
- NC Paramedic
- Outdoor Emergency Care in National Ski Patrol
- I write satire stories under the pseudonym "Josie Rose RN" for a national medical satire blog. http://gomerblog.com/author/josierosern/
Title: Adjunct Lecturer
Email address: Email me