The ASU Department of Recreation Management and Physical Education (RMPE) aspires to be a global model for developing leaders in the recreation management and physical education professions.
The mission of ASU's Department of Recreation Management and Physical Education (RMPE) is to prepare highly qualified recreation management and health and physical education professionals who have the capacity and desire to improve the lives of those in the communities in which they live, work and recreate.
Such professional preparation is supported by competent, passionate faculty who engage in superior teaching, scholarship, and service.
United by a common mission, each departmental program is dedicated to achieving the following goals:
• Implement innovative, collaborative, student-centered, outcomes-based educational programs
• Offer undergraduate degrees in accredited programs
• Deliver general education wellness literacy courses that promote active, healthy lifestyles
• Provide professional service to students, the University community, allied groups, organizations, and practitioners
• Conduct theoretical and applied research that contributes to the body of knowledge in each discipline.