- B.S., Journalism, West Virginia University
- M.S., Community Health Education, West Virginia University
- Ph.D., Health Education and Behavior, University of Florida
- Sexuality Education
- Community and School Health
- Behavioral Health Education
- Personal and Family Health, Assessment
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- SHIFT NC
- American School Health Association
- Society of Public Health Educators
- NCAAHPERD SM
- Certificate, Women's Studies and Gender Research, University of Florida
- Adolescent sexuality and health
- Women's reproductive health
- Rural health disparities among youth and women
- Curriculum development
- Mitchell, T. (2013). Elementary Health: Integration is the Key (select chapters). North Carolina Health Education Essential Standards, NC Department of Public Instruction.
- Mitchell, T. & Greene, M. (2013). School Health Profiles 2004 - 2008: North Carolina Middle and High School Trend Data Report. The North Carolina Journal of the NCAAHPERD.
- Burke, S., Vail-Smith, K., White, D., Baker, E., & Mitchell, T. (2010). Getting vaccinated against HPV: Attitudes, intentions, and perceived barriers of female undergraduates. College Student Journal, Vol. 44, p 55 – 63.
- Becker, C., Glascoff, M., Mitchell, T., Durham, T., & Arnold, W. (2007). Assessing Perceived Health and Associated Health-Promoting Behaviors: An Investigation of Methods Used to Assess Health Status. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p227 – 242.
Title: Associate Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6058