- B.S., Physical Education, West Virginia University
- MS., Physical Education Teacher Education, West Virginia University
- Ed.D., Physical Education Teacher Education, West Virginia University
Health-Related Physical Fitness
Pedagogical-Content Knowledge Activities Courses,
- Curriculum & Instruction Theory
- Clinical, Field, & Student Teaching Supervision
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- SHAPE America
- SPARK Elite Trainer Certification (2013-Current)
- North Carolina Professional
- HPE Program Effectiveness
- Curriculum and Instruction (e.g. Sport Education)
- Teacher & Student Behaviors
- Pedagogical Best Practices
- Mohr, D.J. & Townsend, J.S. (2015). Wellness Literacy 3.0. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Mohr, D.J., Sibley, B.A. and Townsend, J.S. (2012). Student Perceptions of University Physical Activity Instruction Courses Taught Utilizing Sport Education. Physical Educator, 69(3), 289-307.
- Hart, A., Mohr, D.J., Rosengard, P., & Townsend, J.S. (2011). SPARK High School Physical Education. San Diego, CA: San Diego University Foundation.
- Mohr, D., Townsend, J. S., Bulger, S., & Chen, S. (2010). The Sport Education Model for Secondary School Physical Education in China. Journal of Southwest University, 2010 (36), 6
- Carson, L., Bulger, S., & Townsend, J.S. (2007). Enhancing responsible student decision-making in physical activity. In W. Davis & G. Broadhead (Ed.), Ecological task analysis and movement (pp. 141-159). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7153