- Ph.D. Kinesiology, University of Illinois
- Masters in Physical Education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A. in History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Motor Learning, Motor Development, Sports Sociology, Net/Wall Games
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreationand Dance
- National Association for Physical Education in Higher Education
- United States Tennis Association
- United States Professional Tennis Association
- United States Professional Tennis Registry
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association
- Distance Learning, Feedback, Contextual Interference, Guidance,
- Strategy and Game Play Decision Making
Kernodle, M.W., Johnson, R., & Arnold, D.A. The relative effects of verbal error-correcting instructions versus verbal
error-correcting instructions plus videotape replay on the learning of a multiple degree of freedom skill. (under
revision). Perceptual and Motor Skills.
Everhart, B.W, Harshaw, C., Everhart, B.A., Kernodle, M.W., & Stubblefield, E. Multimedia software's effects on high school
physical education student's fitness patterns. The Physical Educator. (in press).
Jung, A.P., Nieman, D,C., & Kernodle, M.W. (2000). Prediction of maximal aerobic power in adolescents from cycle ergometry.
Journal of Pediatric Exercise Science. (in press).
Nieman, D.C., Kernodle, M.W., Henson, D. A., Sonnenfeld, G., & Morton, D. A. The acute response of the immune system to tennis drills in adolescent athletes. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 71(4), 403-408.
Everhart, B., Kernodle, M.W., Turner, E.T., Harshaw, C., & Arnold, D. (1999). The effects of a creative problem-solving
intervention on the gameplay decisions of university badminton students. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 33(2), 138-149.
Kernodle, M.W., Turner, E.T., & Everhart, B. (1999). Out of the gate: Make your PETE majors front runners. The Journal of
Physical Education, Recreation and Dance 70(2), 71-74.
Kernodle, M.W., & Turner, E.T. (1998). The use of guidance techniques in the teaching of tennis, badminton and racquetball. The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 69(5), 49-54.
Kernodle, M.W., & Carlton, L.G. (1992). Information feedback and the learning of multiple degree of freedom activities.
Journal of Motor Behavior, 24(2), 187-195.
The relative effects of four types of information presentation on learning a multiple degree of freedom skill. Dissertation
Abstracts International, 1989.
Kernodle, M.W. (1982). A cinematographical analysis of the forehand drive volley. Proceedings of the International
Symposium on the Effective Teaching of Racquet Sports.
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6325