- University of Oregon. Doctorate in School and Community Health Education. (Ph.D.: Doctor of Philosophy)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Masters Degree in School Health Education (M.S.: Master of Science).
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Major in Physical Education and Health Education (B.S.: Bachelor of Science)
- Substance Abuse
- Stress Management
- Behavioral Health
- Guitar playing
- Edible mushroom foraging
- Wood cutting
- Home & auto repairs
- "We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi
- State of North Carolina, Department of Public Instruction - Health and Physical Education: Grades K-12
- State of Wisconsin, Department of Public Instruction - Health and Physical Education: Grades K-12
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, Registry No. A243047: Emergency Medical Technician
- American Heart Association of Wisconsin: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care, Basic Life Support Instructor
- American National Red Cross, Eugene, Oregon Chapter: Certified First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instructor
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians: Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician – Ambulance
Distinctions in Teaching & Scholarship
• Most Helpful Faculty/Staff Award by the Office of Student Success. Appalachian State University – Fall 2021.
• Outstanding Scholarship Award by the Reich College of Education. Appalachian State University - April 2002.
• Excellence in Teaching Award by the Board of Governors of the North Carolina University System. Reich College of Education. Appalachian State University - April 2000
• Outstanding Teacher Award by the Reich College of Education. Appalachian State University - May 1998
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-3173