- PhD, Recreation Park and Tourism Sciences, Texas A&M University
- MS, Recreation Administration, Georgia Southern University
- BS, Recreation Administration, Auburn University
- Program Planning
- Services Marketing
Professional Affiliations / Organization
- North Carolina Recreation and Park Association
- National Recreation and Park Association
- Southeast Recreation Research Conferences
- The Academy of Leisure Sciences
- Leisure Time Physical Activity
- Effects of Changes to the Built Environment on Physical Activity Levels
- Community Needs Assessments
- Recreation Resource Allocation
- The Role of Recreation in Community Health
- Liechty, T., West, S. T., Son, J. & Naar, J. (2017). Perceptions of aging, resistance and empowerment among older women competitive softball players. Annals of Leisure Research, 20(3), p. 295-313.
- West, S. T. & Shores, K. (2015). Does building a greenway promote physical activity among proximate residents? Journal of Physical Activity & Health, 12(1), 52-7.
- West, S. T., Shores, K. & Mudd, L. (2012). Association of available parkland, physical activity and overweight in America's largest cities. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice,18(5), 423-430.
- Shores, K. A. & West. S. T. (2010). Rural and urban park use and park-based physical activity, Preventive Medicine, 50(Supplement 1), S13-17.
- West, S. T. & Crompton, J. L. (2008). A comparison of preferences and perceptions of alternate equity operationalizations. Leisure Sciences, 30(5), 409-428.
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6328