Health, Physical Education, and Coaching
- Ph.D. Exercise Science, 2004, Arizona State University
- M.A., Teaching: Physical Education, 2001, University of South Carolina
- B.S., Health and Exercise Science, 1998, Wake Forest University
- HPE 2120 Kinesiology
- HPE 3040 Principles of Fitness and Conditioning
- HPE 4320 Nutrition and Health-Related Fitness
What most excites you about your field?
"I believe health and physical education are the most important subjects taught in schools. The skills and knowledge to live a healthy physically active lifestyle are essential capacities that every person needs and can apply across their entire lifespan."
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- SHAPE America
- National Association for Kinesiology in Higher Education (NAKHE)
- C Educator License - Physical Education, Certified CrossFit Trainer (CF-L3), Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Motivation in exercise and physical education
- Effects of physical activity on cognition and academic performance
- Student learning in physical education
- Corbin, C. B., Castelli, D., Sibley, B. A., & Le Masurier, G. C. (2021). Fitness for Life, Seventh Edition. Human Kinetics: Champaign, IL.
- Corbin, C.B., Kulinna, P.H., & Sibley, B.A. (2020). A dozen reasons for including conceptual physical education in quality secondary school programs. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 91(3), 40-49.
- Sibley, B.A. (2020). Comparison of assessment methods for muscular power in physical education. The Physical Educator, 77(1).
- Sibley, B.A. & Bergman, S.M. (2017). What keeps athletes in the gym? Goals, psychological needs, and motivation of CrossFit™ participants. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. doi: 10.1080/1612197X.2017.1280835
Title: Interim Chair / Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6300