- Ph.D. Exercise Science, 2004, Arizona State University
- Masters of Arts in Teaching: Physical Education, 2001, University of South Carolina
- Bachelor of Science: Health and Exercise Science,1998, Wake Forest University
- HPE 4440 Health Education Methods
- HPE 4320 Nutrition & Health Related Fitness
- HPE 4310 Elementary Physical Education HPE 2120 Kinesiology CI 4020 Teaching Physical Education
- Physical Education Pedagogy
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Health Related Fitness / Strength and Conditioning
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- NC Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Psychological determinants of exercise behavior.
- Teaching of health related fitness.
- Sibley, B.A., Hancock, L.C., & Bergman, S.M. (2013). University students' exercise behavioral regulation, motives, and physical fitness. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 116(1), 1-18.
- Sibley, B.A. (2012). Combining contemporary with classic: CrossFit in sport education. JOPERD, 83(8), 42-48.
- Mohr, D.J., Sibley, B.A., & Townsend, J.S. (2012). Student perceptions of university physical activity instruction courses taught utilizing sport education. Physical Educator, 68(3), 289-309.
- Sibley, B. A., Ward, R. M., Yazvac, T., Zullig, K., & Potteiger, J. A. (2008). Making the grade with diet and exercise. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 5(2), 38-45.
- Sibley, B. A. & Le Masurier, G. C. (2008). Children's health & academic performance: Elevating physical education's role in schools. International Journal of Physical Education, 45(2), 64-81.
- Sibley, B. A. & Beilock, S. (2007). Exercise and working memory: An individual differences investigation. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 29(6), 783-791.
Title: Associate Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6300